Thursday, February 28, 2008

LOST Episode 4.5 - Instant Thoughts

The Constant

This was an absolutely fantastic episode in my opinion because we learned that Desmond is not alone with his flashes. Others have and can be affected too. To bad Minkowski died before he could tell us what year he was visiting.

Just a few quick thoughts tonight to think over.

1.) If Desmond's mind from 1996 goes forward in time and takes over the body in 2004 what happens to his mind from 2004? Did it just switch places or was one of them supressed for a while until he was able to get his bearings again?

2.) Did the guys on the boat look more like mercenaries to you than they did crewmen? Every single one was in great shape and I thought I saw tattoos on most of their arms. Maybe they just work hard on the boat though.

3.) Now we know why Penny was sending out that signal constantly and why she was the one on the screen when Charlie turned it on. She was waiting very anxiously for Desmond. Somehow she found out what to look for (The elctromagnetic readings), maybe she speaks to Daniel Faraday which could be why Dan look very uncomfortable when Desmond asked about Penny. He knew that Desmond had to get on that chopper to start the loop over.

If he hadn't he wouldn't have skipped wouldn't have met Dan, taught him to "time travel", called Penny to have her looking and waiting, and everything would have changed.

4.) Charles Widmore bought a Journal from one of the Hanso's who served on The Black Rock. How did they get the journal if the boat vanished with all of the crew and and Mr Hanso aboard? Was it recovered by Dharma?

I'm going to do my best to sort all of this out in my full analysis but it makes my head spin as I'm sure you understand.

The Comments are open so have at it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really f'ing awesome episode. I love it!!

One of the only things my man and I may have pulled out of the whole thing....I think Minkowski was flashing forward. He knew exactly who he was and what he was doing before he starting time leaping. Desmond did not. Desmond became his past self and flashed forwards. Minkowski stayed his present self and flashed forwards as well.