Wednesday, May 16, 2007

LOST Episode 3.21 - Instant Thoughts

"Greatest Hits" - Top five First thoughts
#5.) I'm pretty sure that Hurley knows that Charlie didn't plan on coming back. Charlie has always been open and honest with Hurley and this time he wasn't, I think Hurley could tell and that is why he went right back to help Claire. Hurley knows what it is like to lose someone he loved, he will be able to support Claire when Charlie doesn't come back right away.

#4.) I was very surprised that Jin turned out to be the third shooter. I can't believe Sun is letting him stay behind. If he dies in the attack and Sun dies during child birth that would make me very upset. At least we know Jin can handle himself.

#3) Jack finally realizes that he can't always be so self sacrificing. Two thumbs up to Sayid for making him finally act like a true leader and not just someone who is in charge.

#2.) The whole conversation between Desmond and Charlie in the boat about who should go got me thinking. What if Charlie does drown at some point and Desmond "rescues" his body and does CPR. Assuming Charlie woke back up would that end the curse? He would have died just like Desmond saw.

#1.) It made me so sad to see Charlie say goodbye to Aaron and pass on his ring. I hope Claire tells Aaron that Charlie was his dad and not that deadbeat who ditched her in Australia. I also believe that I know what Claire's whole purpose on this show is. The Psychic sent Claire on the plane and told her that she HAD to be the one to raise Aaron. If she hadn't gone and kept Aaron then Charlie would never have been emotionally invested enough in anybody to sacrifice himself for the good of the group.

I'll post a more in depth analysis in a couple days. In the meantime please post your own thoughts. Thanks.

-Jason

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your theory about Claire's purpose. It is such a wonderful thought that Aaron's purpose was to get Charlie to know what love really is.

Anonymous said...

I thought the same about Claire's saying that Charlie was the father. Like when they get rescued (hopefully) she'll apply for the baby's birth certificate & when they ask for the father's name, she'll say Charlie whatever his last name is. Desmond didn't mention anything about those women with the guns pointing at Charlie. What's up with that? I knew Charlie was gonna leave that ring with Aaron. I can't believe it fell into the cradle without Claire seeing it though. Oh the suspense!

Anonymous said...

The girl Charlie saved from the purse snatcher, was that Nadia???? There are lots of connections with the people on the island, aren't there?

Anonymous said...

Great thoughts Jason!! This was a great episode. I'd love to know more about the Looking Glass station and what they've been transmitting.

Anonymous said...

If Charlie's band mate was the mugger, do you think it was a setup?